Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010... here we go again!










Hello fellow art enthusiasts,




Welcome back to a whole new chapter in all or our lives... how cool is that? Well the gypsy went to the west coast for a couple of weeks and did a wee bit of art but mainly tried to ready myself for the new year... "finishing projects". I attempted to work on the red ribbon series but ended up "correcting the drawing" in a painting so had to take the pannel 5 steps backwards. Remembers boys and girls... ALWAYS CORRECT THE DRAWING no matter where the work is- Argh! So along the lines of what might call a resolution- I call a theme, I finally got two additions of a project I began before the NYC whirlwind began to the rightfull owners.




Let me back up a moment. I asked a group of artists I work with in Gig Harbor to join me in a unified project I named "echos a reply" in which they make an artists trading card of thier efforts and give it to me. I in turn respond/reply to thier work with my own effort and give a card back using the same card stock they requested as well as the same medium they used and somehow tie in a personal significance. For instance, I was given a pen drawing with watercolor addition on bristol board of a dog which the originator did from a previous artwork (larger) she had done earlier. My return card was also a pen and ink with watercolor of my cat I did from a previous scratchboard triad. (See pictures above- Dog done by Charli Meacham, Cats done by me)




I have had three trades in the small format specifically on the project thus far mainly because I have not solicited except the one day. When the spontaniety of life overwhelmed my destony, I picked up, moved to NY and didn't get the participants thier trades until much later. I appreciate thier efforts beyond words as I think this is a great challenge for me and love to trade art with friends. I hope to continue the project as soon as I make friends here. Until then- G.A. back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool cat!! At least if your going to make art... you pick great subjects... Very nice Kitty Kitty. The middle Kitty Kitty is the most... a muse ing.

    ReplyDelete