Monday, December 21, 2009

Coast to coast


Happy holidays gracious art enthusiast,

I have returned to the west coast for a couple of weeks while studies on the east coast are being suspended until January. I would love to say that I am taking a break for the holidays but everyone knows a good artist can neither stop nor retire from the need to create. Having had my 1st 1/2 day to "get things done" I believe I am about to go (FINALLY) paint from the still life I set up 15 months or more ago. If you recall I posted the "work in progress" from the red ribbon series but after having numerous inquiries I have rephotographed the finished study before continuing to show or discuss any additions. Stay tuned for the next installment- GA heading towards the easel with glee!

1 comment:

  1. I love "Coast to Coast", it's an amazing painting. You have lots of things in it working superbly together. The play of light on the little angel is beautiful and the binoculars are spectacular, very detailed and believable. I could nearly pick up the paint roller at the front it is so real. You must have put a huge amount of hours into that, it's great.

    ReplyDelete