Monday, May 3, 2010

If at 1st you don't succeed...


Welcome to the multiple model!




I have never been one to do an abundance of preliminary drawings or rough drafts when it comes to art making.

Yet last month I found myself doing 5 color studies of the model. They would start out as poster studies until I would loose sight of the "game plan" and end up with a "not quite right" mini study of the model. Seeing quality in the study I simply began again until I ended up with four 6x5 paintings and one 2.5x3 ATC... what the heck right? I won't mention the 2 composition studies, the value study, the seperate hand study and finally the grisallie. Anyway I think it is a good thing to rethink the revisiting of a subject in frequency when you are really trying to understand your efforts and study something from all angles. G.A.- happy to have a new model... no offense J.

No comments:

Post a Comment