Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Johnny's Dock not what I expected

Wine sifter at Johnny's Dock 7x9 watercolor
   So I go to this restaurant thinking 'burgers, fries... laid back joint to grab a bite and sketch'. When I go in I discover it is waterfront wall of glass surrounding the entire dining room with formally dressed tables which all have different bottles of wine at each table- a great place for a rainy day sketch outing. So with all this overwhelming detail out the windows (I only have 2 hours to sketch) I turn inward to the open kitchen portion with stoves, vent-a-hood and their "Best of..." paraphernalia beside the fantastic wine pouring contraption. Although I could not exactly get that nice high contrast glass feel on this study, it was fun to play with the shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment