Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Antiques on Broadway


streetclock on broadway 6x9 wc
My last outing was down Broadway where I got caught in the rain. Originally I was visiting an antique store to do a little watercolor study of some items in the shop. I did said study but was drawn more to the architecture of the area with the corner wedged ( think flat iron building) Tully's coffee shop which is probably why my watercolor study was not satisfactory. In the theater district the parking is limited to 2 hours so I had to move the car before I was done meeting people so by the time I was ready to go I still had 20 minutes left on the meter. Rather than stray in the rain (a sure way to loose track of time and get a ticket) to do another quick study, I looked up to find one of my favorite subjects- street clocks so I backed up my car 2 spaces and rode out the clock on my already bought parking permit to do this quick study.

No comments:

Post a Comment