Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hawk Fever in Fife

"The Hawk Hog" watercolor study 6x6
In my travels yesterday, I went to Harley Davidson store in Fife where I came across an extrordinary oppertunity to witness a functional "work of art" and combind efforts to do good in the community. For full story go to: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Built-Motorcycles-Other-Seattle-Seahawks-Official-Theme-Motorcycle-Auction-for-Charity-/121262394884?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c3bcd4e04&item=121262394884&pt=US_motorcycles#ht_3993wt_1105 Although I didn't know much more then that this motorcycle was being auctioned off on Superbowl Sunday, I did take an hour to sit on the floor and do a watercolor study right there on site. The more I observed and appreciated the motorcycle, the more I wanted to spend more time with it but having my Superbowl supplies (Blue Max Meat's "Beast Mode" sausage) waiting in the truck with ice packs and 3 more stops along the way, I was only able to do the small study. Being an artist that works from life (not even carrying a camera that day) I asked if I may return Monday to do a painting of the bike and was told if it wasn't being crated for shipping then I could come so like the Seahawks, I got a 50/50 chance. If nothing else was a fantastic oppertunity to spend an hour with this incredible creation. Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment