Friday, March 26, 2010

Reaching back


I believe as an "artist in training" there are times that the assimilation of learning hasn't quite caught up with the dexterity of production. Our hearts and minds know how it should look (be rendered) but for some reason our hands (judgement) can't quite bridge the gap and it can be both frustrating and painfull. As I go through those slumps I recollect earlier works and see somehow that "not knowing all the rules" makes it easier to make art. Perhaps I got a good work (or something good about it) but is was more like luck or a good day as where, hopefully with this rigerous training, I will aquire the skills to have a repeatable regiment that allows me to produce more accurately more often. Since I have been working on longer span projects, I leave you with a gentle little half day pose done last month in studio. G.A. preparing for another weekend marathon of art making.

No comments:

Post a Comment